Time Wasting at Work
89% of US workers waste time daily.
Don't let your employees contribute to the statistics.
How much time do they waste?
- 31% waste 30 minutes/day
- 31% waste 1 hr/day
- 16% waste 2 hrs/day
- 6% waste 3 hrs/day
- 2% waste 4 hrs/day
- 2% waste 5+ hrs/day
Top Websites for Slacking
Who Wastes the Most Time at Work?
- Single men in their 20s and 30s without higher education.
- 91% of men waste time vs. 87% of women
- 91% of single people waste time compared to 88% of married folks
- 91% of employees ages 18-25 waste time daily
- 95% of employees ages 26-32 waste time daily
- 92% of employees ages 33-39 waste time daily
- 90% of employees ages 40-50 waste time daily
- 85% of employees ages 51-60 waste time daily
- 78% of employees ages 60+ waste time daily
When is the Most Time Wasted?
- 44% on Fridays
- 22% said they waste the most time between 3 - 5 p.m.
Most popular time of day to slack off
Which Industry Wastes the Most Time?
- 100% of those working in finance and banking waste time daily
- 95% of those working in the arts, media, and entertainment business
- 94% of those in engineering, design, and construction
- 90% of government workers
If Employers blocked personal web sites, 56% of employees said they will use their own device.
Is March Madness a Huge Distraction?
Some figures estimate it’s a billion dollar loss in employee productivity. And, 13% of people said they intend to waste time at work on their brackets and/or watching the games during work hours.
Causes of Workplace Unproductivity