FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ContentWatch Adds New Products to ContentProtect Professional Suite
Company strengthens award-winning suite with two new products: PrivacyProtect and Application Manager
SALT LAKE CITY - July 5, 2006 - ContentWatch, the leading provider of Internet protection for homes, small/medium businesses, education, and public organizations, today announced the addition of two new products to its ContentProtect Professional Suite.
Building on its award-winning Internet filtering product and patent-pending dynamic contextual analysis engine, ContentProtect, the enhanced Professional Suite provides businesses with an anti-phishing solution that provides increased privacy protection and greater management of desktop applications through the Application Manager™.
"Today as the Internet becomes a common staple in the workplace, businesses are faced with growing threats as 40% of employees' Internet use in the workplace is not related to business," said Jack Sunderlage, President and CEO of ContentWatch. "As employees download and view unauthorized applications and web sites, it can cost businesses their privacy as well as thousands of dollars in IT costs by inviting inappropriate content into the workplace. ContentProtect Professional Suite 2.1 addresses the problems of manageability and security within a business."
Powered by CallingID, the privacy protection feature warns users of potentially dangerous websites by verifying information about the site's ownership including its origin, date created, and any other pertinent information concerning the legitimacy of the web site. If any information is suspicious, a visual warning will appear to inform the user. Other features of the product include:
- Site Verifications - Verifies safe sites before users do business with them.
- Verification Tests - Executes 52 verification tests on each page users visit and provides them with simple easy, to understand risk.
- Site Warning - Choose between two different methods of warning users about suspicious sites: foreground message box, or background pop-up window.
- Configurable Warning Level - Choose to warn users of either or both "High Risk" and "Low Risk" suspicious sites.
ContentWatch's Application Manager permits administrators to manage applications that users can run on their desktop computers. In an age where employees can install applications on computers that may present security threats, Application Manager™ provides another level of security and application compliance to prevent these types of threats.
- Application Monitoring - Permits administrators to monitor all running applications and customize which applications to "block" and which to "allow".
- Web-Based Management Console - Application Manager™ is integrated into the ContentProtect Web-based management console. This gives administrators the ability to manage desktop application and Internet access policies from a single console.
- Reporting - Web-based reporting indicates when users attempt to run non-approved applications.
- Security - Application Manager™ is a secure application, in that it requires a password to uninstall and is virtually unhackable.
Customers can get a 30-day trial version of ContentProtect Professional Suite 2.1 from www.contentwatch.com. The annual license cost for ContentProtect Professional Suite starts at $59.99 with a minimum purchase of three licenses.
ContentWatch, Inc. delivers Internet management solutions for the home, library, education, government, and small/medium business markets. ContentWatch's mission is to be the world leader in thought and technology by creating Internet management tools and services that provide homes and businesses with a safer, more productive Internet experience through its patent-pending contextual analysis engine. Based in Salt Lake City, ContentWatch has customers in all 50 states and more than 100 countries and was selected by The Walt Disney Company as the official filtering software for its Disney Dream Desk PC for kids. ContentProtect is the No. 1 rated filter on TopTenREVIEWS (www.internetfilterreview.com). For more information on ContentWatch products, visit http://www.contentwatch.com.
Snapp Norris Group