FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ContentWatch Makes New Leadership Appointments
SALT LAKE CITY, August 10, 2011- In preparation for new and unprecedented growth due to the exploding mobile market and the advancement of its Internet security solutions for consumers and businesses, ContentWatch (www.contentwatch.com) today announced the hiring and promotion of key leaders to strategic positions important for managing its growth.
"ContentWatch is taking a leading role in providing Internet security and safety wherever people access the Web," said Russ Warner, CEO of ContentWatch. "It is with great pleasure that I welcome these industry leaders who will help guide us into the next chapter of our growth and success."
- Greg Butterfield, Chairman of the Board. Butterfield is founder and managing partner of SageCreek Partners, LLC (www.sagecreekpartners.com). Previously he was group president for Symantec’s ABU, server and storage business units ($4B business P&L). He joined Symantec through the company’s acquisition of Altiris in April 2007 where he most recently served as chairman of the board, president and CEO.
- Gene White, Chief Financial Officer and Corporate Secretary. White brings more than 20 years experience in public accounting and executive financial positions. Previously he was controller for DownEast Outfitters and held various other financial management-related positions for other technology-based companies.
- Melissa Garland, Vice President of Marketing. Garland brings more than 16 years of experience in marketing and brand strategy for technology and consumer goods companies, including Samsung, L'Oreal and Citibank. Her background also includes significant international brand and product management in Europe and Asia.
- Clayton Ostler, Senior Director of Technology. Ostler has more than 16 years of experience in technology- nine of which has been with ContentWatch as senior technical sales engineer and IT director. Prior to ContentWatch he was an enterprise network security consultant for Cisco.
- Trish Kapos, Director of Sales. Kapos brings more than 15 years of wireless and sales leadership experience. Previously she was a consultant with Qualcomm and Sage Software and was a national sales director for third-party distribution channels at AT&T Wireless for 13 years.
"Up to this point, mobile carriers in the U.S have offered limited parental controls," said Warner. "ContentWatch will be bringing mobile Internet security and safety to all mobile devices in a big way and the appointment of these talented and experienced people will provide us with the leadership to do so."
In a survey among ContentWatch's Net Nanny (www.netnanny.com) customers, the company found that 90 percent of respondents want the same experience with mobile Internet filtering as they receive with their desktop filter. ContentWatch is leading the industry in providing this service.
In March, the company unveiled its plans for its mobile security suite and demonstrated its Internet filtering solutions for Android and iOS mobile devices. The company will release the suite of software and apps for consumers and carriers throughout the year.
ContentWatch has delivered Internet safety, security, and productivity solutions for customers since 2001. In 2011, the Company launched its suite of desktop solutions to smartphones and tablets, leading the market in mobile Internet management tools. For more information, visit www.contentwatch.com.