New Net Nanny Social Monitors and Protects Kids' Social Presence
Dashboard Gives Parents Information Needed to Monitor Inappropriate Behavior, Cyber Bullying, Predators and Other Online Threats
SALT LAKE CITY, April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ – To help parents protect their kids against online threats, ContentWatch today launched Net Nanny Social℠ (www.NetNanny.com/social), a cloud-based social network monitoring and alerts dashboard, allowing parents to monitor the social networks their kids use.
Net Nanny Social supports monitoring of Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+. From Net Nanny®, the trusted market leader in digital parental controls solutions, Net Nanny Social monitors activities related to your kids' online friends, cyber bullying, sexual predators, privacy concerns, and reputation-damaging pictures or videos.
"Social networks are now an intricate part of our kids' lifestyle and culture," said Russ Warner , CEO of ContentWatch and Net Nanny. "It is imperative parents take an active role in protecting them from the dangers of online risks. Net Nanny Social provides the online eyes-and-ears to not only protect children from danger, but to allow them to safely use social media."
Net Nanny Social is a web-based, easy-to-use dashboard that monitors the social networks kids use most regardless of the device or Internet access point they use (3G/4G, Wi-Fi, home network, or hotspot)
Additionally, Net Nanny Social includes the following features:
- Access to Friends – allows parents to see details about their kids' online friends, when added, and shows the same details kids see for their friends.
- Access to Photos and Videos – allows parents to view photos and videos posted by their children and those taken of their children and posted by others.
- Language Detection – used to identify online threats such as cyber bullying, cyber-stalking or grooming. Monitors content for harmful language and notifies parents.
- Alert Notifications – notifications are sent to parent via email or text message when harmful or inappropriate activities are detected.
- Activity Reports – daily or weekly reports provide details and charts representing levels of inappropriate or threatening contact and communications with their children.
- Intuitive Dashboard and Reports – organizes all monitored content in a single easy to use dashboard where parents can see all information from any browser.
- Resources for Parents – provides useful resources such as a glossary of terms and acronyms commonly used by kids on social networks.
Net Nanny Social is available for an annual family license of $19.99 at www.NetNanny.com.
Net Nanny Social requires no setup since it is hosted in the cloud. Once the annual license is purchased, parents access the easy-to-use interface to add email addresses or social account information of their children and begin monitoring activity from the dashboard using any web browser.
Net Nanny is the leading provider of Internet parental control solutions for consumers. With the proliferation of mobile devices, Net Nanny's mission is to protect kids and families on all devices, wherever they are. www.netnanny.com