FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ContentWatch Adds to Its Award-Winning Internet Filtering With Upgrade to ContentProtect Home Suite
ContentProtect Home Suite 2.1 safeguards families from inappropriate Internet content, aids with computer file clean-up, protects personal information with anti-phishing tool
SALT LAKE CITY - June 29, 2006 - ContentWatch, the leading provider of Internet filtering and protection for homes, small/medium business, government and education, today announced that it has added two new features to its award-winning ContentProtect Home Suite.
ContentWatch now offers more protection for its customers with the addition of Privacy Protection, an anti-phishing solution, and ContentCleanup 2.1, a computer audit/cleanup tool that enables users to easily identify and delete unwanted files stored onto their computer. The ContentProtect Home Suite adds these new products to the award-winning and patent-pending dynamic contextual analysis engine the company has premiered in ContentProtect. Combined, these tools provide users with the ultimate solution to protect users from inappropriate content, from the dangers of Malware, and help to protect and rid home computers from unwanted files.
"The need to protect ourselves and our families from unwanted Internet content has become a growing concern to everyone who has a computer," said ContentWatch President and CEO, Jack Sunderlage. "ContentProtect Home Suite 2.1 gives families the peace of mind that they are not only protected from unwanted content, but they are also able to easily clean their computers and to stay safe from suspicious sites that are trying to obtain their personal information."
Powered by CallingID, Privacy Protection warns users of potentially dangerous websites by verifying information about the site's ownership including its origin, date created, and any other pertinent information concerning the legitimacy of the web site. If any information is suspicious, a visual warning will appear to inform the user. Other features of the product include:
- Site Verifications - Verifies safe sites before users do business with them.
- Verification Tests - Executes 52 verification tests on each page users visit and provides them with simple easy, to understand risk.
- Site Warning - Choose between two different methods of warning users about suspicious sites: foreground message box, or background pop-up window.
- Configurable Warning Level - Choose to warn users of either or both "High Risk" and "Low Risk" suspicious sites.
This simple-to-use tool helps users analyze, categorize and erase unwanted content from their computers. ContentCleanup 2.1 starts by running a comprehensive scan on the user's computer and categorizes them in files types: History, Cookies, Documents, Temporary Internet files, Images, Audio, and Video. In addition, ContentCleanup 2.1 further analyzes each file in depth using ContentProtect's award-winning and patent-pending dynamic analysis engine which identifies potentially objectionable files and categorizes them into one of 28 different content categories, ranging from Pornography or Adult/Mature to Sports and Travel. By doing this, it enables the user to easily identify objectionable files and delete them; freeing up disk space on the user's computer and enhancing its performance. Other features of the product include:
- ContentCleanup Wizard - Walks users through the process of safely deleting Internet content from their computer
- Thumbnail View and Blur Technology - Allows users to view each file in a "thumbnail view" and images in "blurred" mode to determine if it is suitable before opening the file for further inspection and avoid exposure to objectionable images.
- Categorization - ContentCleanup scans and categorizes files into file types: History, Cookies, Documents, or Temporary Internet files; as well as 28 different content categories, ranging from Adult/Mature to Sports and Travel.
- New File Types - ContentCleanup scans and categorizes all Internet-related files including images, video, audio, text, and program files.
- Quarantine - Enables users to move objectionable items to an encrypted quarantine folder for later review or deletion.
- Automatic Updates - ContentWatch updates users with the latest rules, definitions and technology as they become available. These updates can occur manually or automatically depending on the user's preference.
For more information about these products, and a free 14-day trial version of ContentProtect Home Suite 2.1, log on to www.contentwatch.com. The annual subscription license cost for ContentProtect Home Suite is $49.99
ContentWatch, Inc. delivers Internet management solutions for the home, library, education, government and small/medium business markets. ContentWatch's mission is to be the world leader in thought and technology by creating Internet management tools and services that provide homes and businesses with a safer, more productive Internet experience through its patent-pending contextual analysis engine. Based in Salt Lake City, ContentWatch has customers in all 50 states and more than 100 countries and was selected by The Walt Disney Company as the official filtering software for its Disney Dream Desk PC for kids. ContentProtect is the #1 rated filter on Top Ten Reviews (www.internetfilterreview.com). For more information on ContentWatch products, visit http://www.contentwatch.com.
CallingID provides solutions that encourage usage of the Internet for business, helping customers avoid Internet fraud (Phishing, Pharming, Spyware and Trojans) focusing on online banking, e-commerce and corporate sites as well as individual Internet users. CallingID's offices are located in New Haven, Connecticut and the R&D team is based in Haifa, Israel.
Snapp Norris Group