Helps Parents Protect Kids Online; Increases Peace of Mind
SALT LAKE CITY and LAS VEGAS, Jan. 10, 2012—Net Nanny® (www.NetNanny.com) provides parents with visibility into their kids’ online activity, and the tools to take immediate action to protect them, with the release of Net Nanny mobile for Android and Apple iOS smartphones and tablets.
Net Nanny mobile debuts today at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, and can be viewed January 10-13, 2012 in Booth 3614 in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center. The Android version will be available for sale shortly after CES and the Apple iOS version during Q1.
For years, Net Nanny has been the No. 1 online parental control tool for computers. Parents have relied on it to help them provide a safe and positive online experience for their children. Today, as mobile devices are outselling computers by a growing margin, Net Nanny mobile expands Net Nanny's filtering capabilities to all devices, whether desktop or mobile.
"Everyday, around 150,000 new web pages are created," said Russ Warner, president and CEO of Net Nanny. "When you couple this with the fact that kids are spending nearly half of their day on the Internet, parents need all the visibility they can get so they can better manage how their kids experience and use the Internet. Net Nanny mobile is a key tool to help parents protect their children online."
Net Nanny is a complete solution for parents. The first version of Net Nanny mobile offers:
- Filters on Any Network — Filters on all mobile networks including Wi-Fi, 3G, and 4G. No wireless carrier provides Wi-Fi filtering today.
- Explicit Allows — Permits certain categories of specific web sites. i.e.: Parents may block gun sites generally, but allow “gun searches” on Wikipedia for school research.
- Instant, Real-Time Page Blocking — Net Nanny mobile is the only online filter to block sites as they are created. Our patented Dynamic Contextual Analysis engine instantly reads any web page and filters it based on the content it contains at that time.
- Preset and Customized Categories — 18 web content filtering categories are preset. Others can be created and customized.
- Remote Administration — Administer user settings and all management functionality from any browser.
- Profanity Masking — Net Nanny mobile converts inappropriate words found on websites to special characters (#$%). Web pages can be viewed without profanity.
- Preset Profiles — Four preset User profiles, including Child and Teen. Customized profiles can be created.
- Enforced Safe Search — Google Safe Search cannot be turned off.
- Override — Blocked web sites can be overridden with proper permission or by a parent.
- Blocks Other Browsers (Android only) — Will not allow Android Browser, Firefox, Opera, Dolphin or any other browser to operate. These browsers do not filter web content.
An upcoming version of Net Nanny mobile for Android will add other valuable functionality, including:
- IM and Text Message Logging and Reporting
- Time Controls
- Remote Device Lock
- Remote Data Wipe
- Forced Ring
- Alerts for Parents via Email and Text
- Mobile App Blocking and Management.
- Net Nanny mobile for Android will be available shortly after CES for $19.99 at popular Android marketplaces. The enhanced version, Net Nanny mobile suite, will be released in Q1 and will include the added functionality listed above.
- Net Nanny mobile for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad will be available in Q1 2012 for $9.99 from the iTunes App Store and will have an in-app upgrade of $14.99.
Net Nanny mobile was developed on a new platform to allow all popular mobile devices to be used seamlessly. Throughout 2012, development will continue on the new platform, which will migrate to desktop versions of Net Nanny. When completed, a parent will use a single dashboard to visualize and control all online use of all Internet-equipped devices from a single browser.
Later in 2012, ContentWatch will release business versions of its mobile apps to provide app management, mobile device protection and filtering. ContentWatch enables companies to improve productivity and bottom-line results through the best software management tools.
ContentWatch is the leading provider of Internet security solutions for consumers and businesses. With the proliferation of mobile devices, ContentWatch’s mission is to expand its suite of solutions from desktop computers and networks to include all mobile devices. For more information go to, www.contentwatch.com/mdm.